Thursday, October 30, 2008

Then and Now

Wow, since June/July, so much has changed! Such as my grouping, posture, bow weight, and my cams.

In June or July when I first shot my bow I could barely pull it back, now I am at 35 pounds. My bow is easy to pull back. My weight has changed a lot since June.

My posture has changed also. Months ago I used to lean my back far back and I shot that way, not a very good posture. Now, I still lean back a little bit but not as much as I did. A better posture means that you shoot better to! Changing my posture has helped my grouping of arrows a lot.

My grouping has changed so much since June. In June I was still on the target but not necessarily kill shots. Now I have a tight group and they are kill shots! So I am happy about that. My Dad says that if you can wrap your hand around them and they are kill shots then you are a great shot.

My cams have suffered a little bit recently, uh… I kinda dropped my bow once or twice or three times. My most recent drop was so bad that my Dad had to file down my cams. OOPS! I am surprised my bow isn’t broken yet!

Conclusion:
I really appreciate everything my Dad does for me. Without his love of the outdoors, I would never experience any of the best and worst things in nature. My Dad is one of my heroes and one of my favorite people to walk the earth. I really love my Daddy. I just want to thank him for everything he has ever done for me.

By: Mindy

No comments: